By Umesh Barve, Head of India Content Partnerships at Audioboom
Love listening to stories?
For all the story lovers, here is the compilation of best storytelling podcasts for binge listening.
- Stories of Premchand — This is a podcast narrated by Sameer Goswami that focuses on short-stories by Munshi Premchand. He is one of the most celebrated writers of the Indian subcontinent, and is also regarded as one of the foremost Hindi writers of the early twentieth century.
2. Indian Noir — A fast-paced, edge of your seat crime thriller set in India. Its written, narrated and produced by Commonwealth Short Story Prize and DWL Story Prize winning writer Nikesh Murali. It includes plot-heavy audio stories with a focus on always delivering a roller-coaster ride of action and thrills.
3. Books That Speak — An effort to help kids fall and stay in love with books and stories — even if it means that they are listening to the stories instead of reading them. Stories are narrated in Hindi, English, Marathi and Gujrati by podcast host Asawari Doshi.
4. Baalgatha — Children’s stories from Panchatantra, Jataka and other classic sources.
5. Myths, Legends and Fairytales of India — Tales from classic Indian literature and folk tales such as Simhasan Battisi, Vikram Beetal etc. This podcast includes classic tales of adventure, magic and drama.
6. Ek Kahani Aisi Bhi — An internationally acclaimed series of spine chilling original ghost stories. Best listened to at night, alone and with headphones! Oodles of fun!
7. MnM StoryTeller — The world of stories, where you enter the realm of imagination and travel with the characters in their lives. In this podcast you get to experience the romance, the fear and the thrill as if you were living it yourself.